You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
WMO Data Conference
Registration and Abstract Submission
The Changing Landscape of Weather, Climate and Water Data
• Data exchange in the 1960’s and today; what has changed, and what will need to change?
• WMO data policy for Members or for their National Meteorological and Hydrological Services?
To register for the WMO Data Conference, 16-19 November 2020, please click
If you have already completed the form or registered for the Data Conference by email, you do not need to register again.
Business Models and Data Policy Issues
• External views on WMO data policy; what works and what does not work?
• Increasing the amount of data available to all users; policy as enabler and as a roadblock.
Filling the Gaps in Global Data Coverage
• Strengths and weaknesses of WMO’s efforts to address this (Res. 40, RBSN, VCP);
• Global Basic Observing Network (GBON)/Systematic Observation Financing Facility (SOFF) paradigm; extensions to other domains and disciplines?
• Access to prediction and analysis products
Data Exchange for Earth System Monitoring and Prediction
• Earth system prediction as a policy driver;
• Data requirements; data maturity;
• Moving from requirements to policy.